iOS 8.4 is here, and so is a jailbreak solution to unlock the full potential of it. Not really that surprising considering how active and determined the iOS jailbreaking community is. As with any community there are competitive groups and sometimes these groups do things that are not… justified. But community politics is none of our business, all we want is to jailbreak our iOS device so we can get back some of the tweaks and themes we are accustomed to.
Jailbreaking is the best thing you can do to your iOS device; beside the voiding the warranty part, it gives you full freedom to do whatever you want with the OS and its systems, you can even add function to 3rd party apps. It really doesn’t make any sense to not jailbreak your iOS device.
Now, this jailbreak might work but that does not mean all of your tweaks and themes will do – remember, they need to be upgraded too. We can’t help you there much, you have to wait for the developers to update said tweaks, but for you to jailbreak is going to be the first time anyway so why not do it now rather than later.
iOS 8.4 Jailbreak with PP Jailbreak – Free Download & Tutorial
This process will require Windows and some procedures though, you must follows these procedures – if you don’t then you might break your iDevice and well then you are going to need to restore it from a backup.
- Which reminds us… make a backup via iTunes or iCloud. Really, you should have this written on a tattoo by now.
- Disable Find My iPhone service and location services. You will find these in the Settings app.
- Disable any locks you have – you need to have the phone fully unlocked for this to work.
- Open iTunes on your Windows PC and verify that the iOS device is detected by iTunes and is connected to the PC, if it’s not connected then none of this is going to work.
- Put your iOS device in airplane mode, shut down all the radios!
- Again.. if you haven’t done it yet, backup your iOS device via iTunes or iCloud, whatever floats your boat.
- Disable any and all antivirus and firewalls on your Windows PC, just in case they go haywire and block PP jailbreak. You don’t want that to happen in middle of the jailbreak process.
Once you have taken all the precautions and backed up your iOS device, you can finally proceed to the real meat of this meal and jailbreak your iOS device. So let’s get straight to it.
- Get PPGHost.exe for Windows from here, and wait for it to download. It will be as fast as your internet permits.
- Once you have waited long enough for it download and you have the magic ingredient, run PPGHost.exe as Administrator.
- Click the magical blue button and make sure the PP checkbox is checked.
- Once you have the PP Jailbreak tool running, click on the green button to start the jailbreak process.
- Confirm that you want to jailbreak your iOS device and then confirm again the fact that you have followed the prerequisites we told you to – that is disable services like Find my iPhone etc.
- Once confirmed, you can start the jailbreak process and all you have to do is sit back and watch it do its magic.
- After waiting for however long it takes, you should have a bright white light coming out of your iOS device; specifically the screen should be the part glowing white as heaven.
- Next up; the PP jailbreak tool on your PC should tell you when the jailbreak is finished, and the iOS device should reboot by itself as if a demon had possessed it.
- Once rebooted, unlock the device and voila – Cydia on your home screen.
And now you have a jailbroken iOS device for yourself to enjoy. Open Cydia let it do its filesystem thingamagic and you are ready to install any tweaks you want to your iOS device. All you had to do was literally click a bunch of buttons. It can’t get any simpler than that.
And that’s how you jailbreak your iOS 8.4 device using PP Jailbreak – now there are other tools to do the same thing, but we are only covering PP Jailbreak right now. The competition might be better or worse, you will have to look for that yourself. But how much easier can it get than this? All you had to do was disable a bunch of services on your iOS device and then click some buttons on your computer. The community has worked really hard making jailbreaking as simple and easy as it can be without harming your device.