How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 8.4 with TaiG 2.4: iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch are some of the best devices Apple ever manufactured. They use world class hardware to provide the best user experience and not only the hardware, but the software that runs on these devices is also very great and user friendly.
iPhones, iPad or an iPod Touch run on iOS which is Apple’s very own mobile operating system which is based on Mac OS X in its core. But what makes it so great?
Well, countless things. Things like simple user interface, plethora of apps on App Store and many other factors. You also have a whole Apple ecosystem in which all the Apple devices like the iPhone, Mac, iPad work together to provide a seamless user experience.
iOS truly is a powerful mobile operating system. But sadly it is limited intentionally by Apple. Users can have much customization by default. In the name of customization you can just change the wallpapers and ringtones.
But there is a way out and this is what Jailbreak is called.
What does Jailbreaking mean?
Jailbreaking an Apple devices means unlocking the capabilites that are locked by Apple by default. After jailbreaking you can use apps that are not available on the App Store, you can change the look by installing themes on the device, you can change icons, you can add widgets. You can do a lot of things.
With jailbreak you can also develop apps for the iPhone even if you do not have an Apple Developer account.
What is this post about?
As you might have noticed, we have a category that is dedicated to Jailbreaking. But with updated version of iOS, we also need to update the jailbreaking tutorial. The recently released Apple iOS 8.4 has been finally been jailbroken and mind you, this is an untethered jailbreak.
All thanks to the TaiG Jailbreak Developers team they have now released the 2.4.3 untethered jailbreak utility for iOS 8.4 to the public. As per TaiG this jailbreak tool has been optimised so that it can provide the best jailbreak experience for users.
You may want to know the changelog for this version of TaiG 2.4.3. So here is the changelog:
- Integrate the latest Cydia 1.1.23
- Optimize the process of jailbreak
For now you can only use this on Windows but you can run this on a Mac using Windows Virtual Machine or on a Bootcamp partition.
Now you need to keep a few things in mind before we start. So, let’s start the Jailbreaking tutorial for iOS 8.4 using TaiG 2.4.3.
How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 8.4 with TaiG 2.4
- Backup your data on your iOS device using iTunes on your PC or Mac. Whatever you are going to perform this on.
- Now disable Find my iPhone, Passcode lock and location service for the device from settings.
- Turn on Airplane Mode on your device.
Things to know before proceeding
- This will jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 8.4 or a lower version as well.
- If you have any type of security software running on your iOS device, then it is advised that you turn it off.
- Download TaiG from the links we have mentioned so that you can complete the process successfully.
- If your jailbreak fails then verify you followed all steps properly. If it still doesn’t work then turn off Wifi and try again.
- In rare cases if you still can’t jailbreak, then use the TaiG Pro tool to restore and then it will definitely jailbreak.
So coming to the main topic, let us jailbreak the iOS 8.4 device using TaiG 2.4.3. Follow the steps we have mentioned below and make sure you do not skip any step.
- Download TaiG 2.3.4 for Windows.
- Now download and extract the file on your desktop.
- Connect your iOS 8.4 device using the USB cable for your device.
- Now go ahead and disable Passcode, Find my iPhone by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Now on your desktop, run the TaiG 2.4.3 tool by right clicking on TaiG.exe and choosing Run as Administrator.
- Now wait for TaiG to detect your device and make sure that it is showing the correct version for firmware.
- If you want you can uncheck 3K Assistant 2.3.0 which is TaiG’s app store which you can see just below an option for Cydia 1.1.23.
- Now recheck the steps mentioned here and what you have done.
- If everything is good just click the green START button.
- Now you should see a circular progress bar which will progress as the process proceeds.
- When the process is complete the device will reboot and once your device is on, you should be able to see the Cydia icon with a message that reads “Jailbreak Succeeded!”.
Now, this is all you have to do in order to jailbreak your iOS device running JAILBROKEN iOS 8.4.
This process was completed by using the latest TaiG 2.4.3. Now you can go ahead and turn on Find my iPhone, Wifi, location services or passcode if you wish to.
If you have any questions you can get them cleared in the comments section below.