How to Un-Jailbreak Your iPhone without Upgrading iOS: Jailbreaking an iPhone is quite easy. It also makes it easy for you to customize your iPhone with tweaks that you cannot apply on your iPhone otherwise. If you want to develop apps for iPhone, you can jailbreak your iPhone in order to debug your apps etc. There are actually endless possibilities to a jailbroken iPhone.
But what if jailbreak is not your thing? What if you want to go back to the good old normal iOS experience and experience iOS the way Apple wanted you to? Also, at the same time, what if you don’t want to upgrade your iOS version just for un-jailbreaking?
That is what we are going to solve in this post and that will be a brief yet simple post that even a novice can follow.
We are going to use a Cydia tweak named Cydia Impactor which is in beta and works with iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.4 as of now but it is expected to work with more versions soon enough.
We will first be taking a backup of the device so that if something goes wrong (which is very unlikely) we can easily restore the device. Also, to backup the device we are going to use iTunes as it provides a really easy and efficient way to back up your iOS device and restore it whenever you need to.
Without any further ado, lets get right into it.
How to Un-Jailbreak Your iPhone without Upgrading iOS
- First of all you will need to start your iTunes installed on your PC. With iTunes we will be taking a backup of the iOS cloud.
- You can either use iTunes to take the backup or you can just go ahead and use iCloud to back up your stuff on your iPhone.
- Now make sure you have taken a backup as it is a critical step that you need to complete and without it if something goes wrong in between the process, you won’t be able to recover anything back.
- Also, make sure that your iPhone has enough battery juice and make sure it has over 50% battery level before starting the process just to be on the safe side.
- Now unlock your iPhone and look for the Cydia app.
- After you have opened Cydia, you need to look for an app named Cydia Impactor and this is the tool that we are going to use to unjailbreak our iPhone.
- Install this tool and wait for Cydia to complete it.
- I would suggest that you restart the device once the install is complete.
- Now this is critical stage. I once again urge that you take a backup your iPhone as all your data will be wiped off and if you want to restore it, you won’t be able to. So, it is a wise idea that you go ahead and make a backup with either iTunes or iCloud. Whatever your choice might be, just take a backup.
- Now run the Cydia Impactor tool.
- You can start the unjailbreak process by tapping on the option that reads delete all data and unjailbreak device.
- On the next step you will need to tap on Delete All button and then the process will proceed further.
- The process will now start and we suggest that you DO NOT TOUCH OR DO ANYTHING WITH THE DEVICE unless you see the iOS welcome screen.
- Now all you need to do is set up your device and you will find out that all the data on the iPhone has been wiped so you will need to restore everything.
Now, this is it. This is all you need to do in order to unjailbreak your device.