How to Download & Install AppCake on iOS 7, 8.0, 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2: We wrote a post informing you of alternatives for the now-sadly-dead Installous, one of the alternatives we shared was AppCake. This guide will teach you how to install AppCake on your iOS device.
This will require jailbreak though! Jailbreaking your device is pretty easy for the most part with all the tools and guides available to you including ours but it’s still not for everyone. Some people are just too afraid of jumping the fence out of Apple’s walled garden, and that’s understandable.
If you are one of the people who don’t want to jailbreak then this guide is not for you, if however you have already jailbroken or are willing to then today you are going to learn how to install this wonderful alternative to Installous should be installed on your iOS device.
This first step would require you to add a repo in Cydia, you might or might not remember the repo we mentioned in our Installous alternatives guide, either way we are going to mention it here again. It’s really not that hard to do this, and it doesn’t take a lot of time either.
We also have a detailed guide on how to install a repo – just in case you don’t understand this guide you can always go check that out and see how to add a repo in detail. But you should be able to understand the instructions here – they are really not that hard.
Installous was for a long time the only place to get cracked apps on iOS, but when it went down it shook the whole jailbreak community. To fill the void many different alternatives emerged, one of them being AppCake. AppCake is now one of the most popular cracked app marketplaces for iOS and that title is well deserved.
How to Download & Install AppCake
AppCake has all the features Installous did and has a library almost as big as Installous, it’s a well made alternative for Installous and has a large library to fulfill your needs. So let’s learn how to install AppCake on your iOS device without wasting any more of your time!
- Open Cydia by tapping on the Cydia icon on your home screen.
- Once Cydia is open, tap on the Source tab at the bottom. Then tap Edit on the top right corner and then tap on the Add button.
- In the pop up text field type this address: http://cydia.iphonecake.com
- Once done, tap on Add Source.
- Now wait for Cydia to do it’s thing – this might take a while, not enough to make yourself a sandwich though. Such missed opportunities.
- Now goto the Search option in Cydia and search for AppCake, it should appear just like any normal tweak from Cydia.
- Once you find it, tap on it and then click Install on the top right.
- All you need to do now is restart your iOS device and voila! You now have AppCake to get any cracked app you could wish for!
Wasn’t so hard was it? Of course as long as you are jailbroken, if you are not then it’s just a bit more steps to jailbreak – with all the guides and tools these days that let you jailbreak easily it only takes a few seconds to unlock the full potential of your iOS device.