How to Download a Facebook Video on iOS with jailbreak: Facebook is where we all go to check on our friends and relatives, it’s a very private or public space depending on your privacy settings. Facebook has changed millions of lives by connecting people to their friends and families. And all that for absolutely no money charged, just how amazing is that?
Facebook lets you share anything – from a life changing event such as getting married to having a child, to what you had for breakfast. Heck your timeline can show everything you did since your birth to death, and surely Facebook timelines would be valued much more when young people use Facebook because of how well they are at curating your life.
But some of the moments in your life are not worth words, not even pictures – they deserve a video. Now you could use YouTube but that’s not personal enough, it’s no Facebook and it’s not as easy to share on Facebook – that’s where Facebook Videos come in. Facebook lets you upload videos to their network for free, and store them forever. So you can share that moment you cherish with the people you love.
Now all that sounds great and stuff but where are you going to get the data to watch those videos? It’s easier to watch these videos on WiFi but you don’t have free WiFi everywhere so you have to depend on your mobile data which is very expensive and costs you per MB! The obvious solution is to download the videos that really matter to you on your iOS device when you have access to free WiFi. And that’s what we are going to help you with today.
Now you are going to need to jailbreak for this – and we have already covered how to jailbreak your iDevice extensively in a guide before so you can check that out! Jailbreaking lets you unlock the full potential of your device and lets you access everything that your device can do for you very easily, the initial process is the only complicated part. With a jailbroken iOS device you can do things Android can – and more.
There’s really no reason to not jailbreak, you will only get to improve things that Apple left unfinished and unlock parts of the OS that Apple forbids you from. There are numerous advantages to jailbreaking and you can just flash the OS to stock any time you want if you do not like a jailbroken device – it will be exactly like it came out of the box.
Download a Facebook Video on iOS with jailbreak
So let’s do this! It’s time for you to follow some simple instructions step by step. Here we go:
- You need to launch Cydia, it will be one of the icons on your home pages.
- Once in Cydia you should see a search icon on the bottom right corner, tap that and search for “Prenesi”.
- Note that the Prenesi extension is available for free from the BigBoss repo, if you don’t see Prenesi you might need to manually add the BigBoss repo.
- Once you have found Prenesi, tap on it to open its detailed page, then tap Install on the top right.
- Now wait for Cydia to do its thing and once it’s installed you should launch the Facebook app.
- If the app crashes or you don’t see the option in the next step try restarting your iDevice.
- Now find a video you want to download so you can watch it whenever you want.
- Tap on the share icon on the bottom left corner as you normally would, and tap “Download this video”.
- Wait for a bit and that’s it! The video has been saved to your camera roll.
And that’s how you download and save the videos you love from Facebook and you can watch them anytime you want! There is another way to do this without jailbreaking but it’s not as intuitive. With this method you can easily download the video directly from the Facebook app – no need to jump between different apps. It’s actually quite like how it works on Google’s Android – all you do is tap the share button and then download it.
We have also covered a post in which we showed you how you can easily install the iFile app without jailbreaking your iPhone & iPad. So, you can check that post out.