How to Delete Cydia from iPhone, iPod, iPad without iTunes: Jailbreaking an iPhone provides the users and developers with many options and tweaks that a normal unjailbroken iPhone doesn’t. It opens a door to a whole new world where people can install tweaks which will help them convert and customize their iPhone in a much better way.
Jailbreaking also provide the developers with some amazing options like debugging an account without getting an Apple developer’s account.
But sometimes for whatever reason you might want to delete Cydia from your iPhone or your iPad or iPod without using iTunes and in this post we are going to solve that and provide you with a way to delete and uninstall Cydia from your iDevice.
What is Cydia & What are its advantages?
Cydia is actually a third party installer for iOS which is similar to iOS’s official App Store and it is used to search for and install various apps from various different Repos. We have already written about many different Repos that you can check out.
Now you might be thinking why you need a totally different app installer when you already have the App Store. That’s because Apple doesn’t allow any Jailbreak tweak on their App Store unlike Android where the Google Play Store can have many different types of ROOT apps or tweaks.
So in order to install these tweaks and mods, you need to have Cydia on your phone.
How to Delete Cydia from iPhone, iPod, iPad without iTunes
Now before this tutorial you needed to upgrade your iPhone, iPod or iPad with the next version of iOS which is now no longer valid as in this post we are already going to tell you a way to skip all that and directly move to the deletion of Cydia.
Now without any further ado, lets get right into the tutorial.
How to remove Cydia without iTunes?
Well, technically we need iTunes but it is just to take a backup of the iDevice you are going to delete Cydia from.
Follow this procedure:
- Make sure you have taken a full backup of the iOS device you are going to delete Cydia from using iTunes or using iCloud.
- Now that you have properly taken a backup, you will be able to restore it if you need to when the time comes.
- Now go ahead and charge your iPhone to a sufficient level in order to have enough battery juice else your device might run out of battery while the process is going on.
- Now open Cydia and go to the search section.
- Now look for an app named Cydia Impactor and then install that app.
- Now after it is installed, just respring your device.
- After you have finished the respring, just open the Cydia impactor tool and you will find an option which reads “delete all data and unjailbreak device“.
- This will totally wipe your phone and when the process is complete you can just go ahead and set up your iPhone like a new one.
So this was a small tutorial in which we showed you How to Delete Cydia from iPhone, iPod, iPad without iTunes.